Globe Publication Private Limited is a leading subscription agency with a strong
presence in South and South-East Asia. For over five decades, Globe publication
has worked closely with publishers and subscribers to empower organizations with
information. We represent some of the worlds most well known & established academic
societies and publishers and help them reach their targeted audience in India, Thailand,
Malaysia among others. The Globe Publication network consists of 13 offices spread
over 7 countries.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
To increase our India customer base and revenue in Indian libraries.
Proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers, manage
long-term sales cycle and negotiate with buyers in the library environment. Support
end-users and faculty experts by conducting product demonstrations
Main duties include:
- New business opportunities:
- Research new and existing markets to identify prospective customers.
- Conduct cold calling, explore potential business, generate new leads and develop
- Secure new customer accounts, close sales within specified territory and accomplish
- Contact new and existing customers to arrange consultative sales visits.
- Business Development:
- Travel to Universities, Institutions and other organizations throughout specified
territory to build relationships with existing clients as well as establishing relationships
with new ones.
- Use a variety of sales and presentation techniques such as PowerPoint and live site
demonstrations to support library visits.
- Increase turnover and customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and
annual targets set by Head Office.
- Maintain advanced product knowledge and keep informed about current industry trends.
- Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities
- After sales/team support
- Ensure new contacts are added onto the CRM database.
- Update entries on the CRM system and work with Sales/Customer Support team to ensure
CRM information is accurate.
- Work with Sales/Customer Support team to resolve any client issues that arise.
- Participate in industry conferences.
- Sales cover of other territories where appropriate to ensure opportunities are monitored
and closed down in a timely manner
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities, as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales/marketing, preferably in publishing and library
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability
to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and advanced presentation skills
at all levels of business
- Effective relationship management skills and the ability to form strong relationships
and partnerships both internally and externally.
- Highly organized, professional, confident, and goal oriented. Able to work independently
and as part of a team
- Previous experience with CRM software helpful.
The position will have 30-40% yearly travel.